Custom Cylinder Head Porting (5-axis CNC)
We offer the absolute best in big-bore motorcycle cylinder head porting. Unlike other porting shops that offer "stages" of porting with different pricing levels, we do the very best we can do on every head. We don't hold back. The design of each port differs only based on the base cylinder head design and the size of the valve. Call for availability on your application.
Complete Cylinder Head enhancement
Cylinder heads can be built up with different machining and component additions. The key is the combination of elements. For example, porting
combined with larger valves can greatly increase horsepower, but the engine really comes to life when custom cams are put into the mix. Services include:
1) Full Radius Valve Job - The most critical, high velocity flow around a valve is right at the valve seat. The full radius valve job focuses on this area. Performed on a Serdi 60 machine utilizing our custom-designed tooling, ensures that valve edges are smooth for the best flow. The valve height is kept at a standard so we don't loose compression ratio. Many times we can achieve a better seal than at the factory. A full radius valve job alone can yield approximately a 3% gain in horsepower.
a Full Radius Valve Job on the Serdi
2) Porting - Porting is by far the biggest single gain for a normally aspirated motor. All port jobs come with a full radius Valve job. Up to 30 to 50 horsepower gains can be expected on some applications.
3) Valves and Valve Seats - To get more flow into a cylinder you can simply make the hole larger. This is accomplished by the installation of larger valves. We offer valves in a virtually limitless variety of sizes and materials. There are two types of stainless steel available (regular and cryogenic) as well as titanium - the ultimate option. In addition to standard oversizes we can have custom valves made.
|We custom fabricate valve seats utilizing an aluminum bronze alloy.
This makes for a happy marriage between seat and valve where no erosion of valve seat or valve face occurs.
4) Springs - Often overlooked, proper springs are an important part of the valve train. We
custom-order our springs from the largest automotive spring manufacturer in the world. Every spring is chrome silicone wire. Every spring is magafluxed and shot-peened to ensure
integrity. Some shops fit existing springs into a head. We design springs for each application.
5) Cams - Custom cams are an integral part of any serious high-performance application. Cams can compliment porting and larger valves tremendously. Lift and duration are important but ramp speed is the real science. We have many cam profiles to choose from for practically any application. Many are in stock.
Custom Piston Installation
There is no replacement for displacement. Off-the-Shelf and custom pistons are available in almost any size and compression ratio. We exclusively use JE Pistons.
Custom Crank Installation
Popular size stroker available for late-model big bore sportbikes
Full Machine Shop Services
In addition to what is listed above we also offer the follow services.
Call for a price quote.
1. Offsetting guides
2. Re-lined tappet bores
3. Repair crushed chamber
4. Surfacing of head surfaces
5. And anything else!